3d-2d rigid registration for vascular intervention
- Conventional intensity-based 3D-2D registration has high computational time due to a Digitally Reconstructed Radiograph (DRR) generation process.
- Therefore, the proposed system suggests to improve the speed of DRR generation using feature.
- To generate Feature-based DRR, centerlines and radii should be extracted from patient’s CT.
- After extraction, features are projected onto image plane and used for estimating the intensity value.
- Unlike the conventional intensity-based method, proposed system has only 1/60 of computational time because it calculates only the vascular parts
FDRR generation using extracted feature
Video clip showing the system operation